To search for MIDI files, enter artist or song name
Weekly Top List
- Side A - Forevermore [ 9 ]
- Paul Anka - Papa [ 8 ]
- Outlaws - Green Grass And High Tides [ 6 ]
- Uriah Heep - July morning [ 6 ]
- Bryan White - God gave me you [ 5 ]
- Shakira - Waka waka [ 4 ]
- Ed Sheeran - Thinking out loud [ 4 ]
- Casting Crowns - Who am i [ 3 ]
- Katy Perry - Teenage dream [ 3 ]
- Perry Como - Its impossible [ 3 ]
FAQ1. How do I download MIDI files from this site?
2. Can I request a MIDI file?
3. Which is a best software to play MIDI files?
4. MIDI files downloaded from this site sound awful. Can I improve it?
5. I've heard that it is possible to use MIDI files as ringtones for mobile phones. Is that true?
Q: How do I download MIDI files from this site?
A: Click on the link to any song and download window will appear.
In case that your selected song starts to play, simply right click on the song link and select "Save Target As..." (Internet Explorer), "Save Link Target As..." (Netscape & Mozilla), "Save target as..." (Opera) and choose location where you want to save a file.
Q: Can I request a MIDI file?
A: Yes. Just visit this page and fill simple form. Before requesting a MIDI file, please make sure that it doesn't already exist in our database. Also if you have any of already requested files, please submit them.
Q: Which is a best software to play MIDI files?
A: That is a difficult question, but we found that these do a good job:
1. Vanbasco Karaoke Player (enables you to view lyrics for MIDI files which have them, and it's free)
2. Winamp Media Player (it's popular, it's free and it has a great MIDI plugin)
3. Windows Media Player (it comes with Windows)
Q: MIDI files downloaded from this site sound awful. Can I improve it?
A: Yes. There are three common ways:
1. You can buy some good MIDI sound card, which is more expensive solution
2. You can get some MIDI software driver like Yamaha SXG Driver or Roland Virtual Sound Canvas. These MIDI software drivers behave just like sound cards. On my opinion this is the best solution since MIDI files sound incredible, even on cheap sound cards. Also these software drivers are not so expensive, and you can usually download free trial version. There are more of these drivers available, use a search engine like Google to find them.
3. You can buy some MIDI keyboard like: Roland, Yamaha, Korg etc. This is most expensive solution, but you will get superior sound, and you'll be able to compose and perform your own music.
Q: I've heard that it is possible to use MIDI files as ringtones for mobile phones. Is that true?
A: Yes. Many of the modern mobile (cellular) phones support polyphonic ringtones (MIDI files). Many of MIDI files from this site can be used on Nokia phones without converting. Other phones has not been tested, but I received user feedback that they do work (with or without converting).
- MIDI is short for musical instruments digital interface.
- To download files, simply find desired song, right-click and select Save Link As or left-click and depending on browser MIDI will either start playing in default music player or within browser.
- All files on this site can be used as polyphonic ringtones for your phone. You can either download them to your computer and use cable or Bluetooth to send them to your phone, or navigate your WAP browser to song directly.
- You can play these songs in just about any player. Personally we prefer Winamp or Vanbasco Karaoke player. Both display lyrics (for karaoke MIDI), allow change of tempo, volume, mute/solo instruments and more.
- Songs are listed in alphabetical order. Browse or use search to find what you're looking for.
- To convert from MIDI to MP3 or WAV we recommend SynthFont software. It allows loading of custom SoundFonts, can play MIDI files in excellent quality and is completely free.
- MIDI is standard format used to send and receive data across electronic keyboards and many other electronic musical instruments.